Properties For Lease
Prospective Tenant Information
About Malon D. Mimms Co.
About Malon D. Mimms Company
- Thomas Bowman Mimms and Alice Mimms begin building custom homes.
- Thomas Bowman Mimms resigns as Director of The Georgia Public Welfare Department to start building custom houses as a full-time occupation.
- Thomas Mimms purchases land at Peachtree Street and Bennett Street and began developing industrial buildings. Currently, the area is known as the Bennett Street Arts District.
- After serving his country as an officer in the United States Air Force, Malon D. Mimms joins his father Thomas Mimms in the family business.
- Thomas B. Mimms retires and Malon D. Mimms forms his own company, Mimms Enterprises, to continue the Mimms Company tradition.
- Mimms Enterprises purchases North Decatur Plaza, its first retail property.
- Mimms Enterprises purchases its largest property to date, North DeKalb Mall.
- David Mimms joins the company to oversee leasing and construction.
- Malon Mimms, Jr. (Lonnie) joins Mimms Enterprises to handle accounting, programming and leasing responsibilities.
- Robert Mimms comes on board to manage the leasing and marketing departments.
- Mimms Enterprises moves its office to the historic Roswell Mill and continues to grow after six decades in real estate.
- The Mimms brand continues to expand by opening its Roswell North location as Mimms Enterprises under the direction of David, Lonnie, and Robert Mimms, while Malon Mimms continues to operate the Malon D. Mimms Company at the Roswell Mill location.
- The Malon D. Mimms Company expands into the North Carolina market with the acquisition of Monroe Town Square Shopping Center in Monroe, North Carolina.
- The Malon D. Mimms Company expands into four South Carolina cities with the purchase of 10 new shopping centers. Primarily in the Columbia market, the new centers provide an additional leasable space of 736,849 square feet, increasing the company’s portfolio nearly 20 percent.
- Mimms continues to expand its core market area with the purchase of two large shopping centers in the city of Roswell: Kings Market Shopping Center and Roswell Town Center Shopping Center. These centers add a combined 800,000 square feet of retail space to the company portfolio.
- With a current portfolio of 66 properties in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, North Carolina, and Tennessee, the Malon D. Mimms Company provides extensive coverage of most major markets in the Southeast, with a total of over 5,000,000 square feet of leasable space.
Visit Mimms Enterprises
Toll-Free: 1-866-616-4667 Phone: 770.518.1100 Fax: 770.552.1100
© 2019 Malon D. Mimms Company, LLC